Thursday, January 22, 2015

Saturday, January 24 details

Here are some helpful details for our face-to-face meeting on Saturday, January 24:

Time:   8:30am to 3:30pm

Location:
National Institute of Aerospace, 100 Exploration Way, Hampton, VA
Map - Link for directions

Laptops:  You will likely want a keyboard and mouse, so bring a laptop rather than a tablet.  Wireless will be available.  If you have an ethernet cable around, bring it too for fastest most reliable connectivity.

Internet / Cloud-based computing:  I strongly encourage cloud storage.  Come with passwords to email and your preferred storage (Google, Dropbox, iCloud, etc.).  I will eagerly help you create accounts if this is new to you.

Attire:  Saturday casual and comfortable.  Heat or AC may be on Saturday mode.

Coffee:  I'll bring regular and decaf coffee.  Consider bringing a water bottle.  Vending machines are available.

Lunch:  Bring your own, or we can decide to order pizza or other food.  I'd like to have you working independently or in teams through lunch. There is nearby fast-food, but I don't want to budget more than a few minutes for lunch travel if possible (there is a Wendy's and Sonic within 0.5km).  Let me know if you have a recommendation.

Call me with questions:  571-482-8298

No comments:

Post a Comment